- Failing to Receive/Request Quotes ahead of the purchase.
3. Failing to establish a daily Budget by estimating sales (note the weather) and keep a log.
4. Misunderstanding your vendor’s Deadlines & Minimums and order accordingly.
No one likes to miss a deadline. If you do, it often means spending more money that you need to. Set reminders for key deadlines and order ahead as much as possible to avoid this problem.
5. Not using common Measurable Units when comparing prices.
6. Failing to consider ALL Costs of an item when comparing. (freight and delivery fees)
7. Failing to Receive Properly; Check products when they arrive (weight, quality, temps, use by/sell by dates).
8. Failing to Sign for only what you receive.
9. Forgetting to Check Prices against bids.
10 Failing to Maintain the cold chain and Rotate. Always check temperatures and put away products quickly!
Find out how ChefMod can help you streamline your restaurant’s purchasing process, lower your food and supplies costs through our online marketplace, and increase your bottom line for good!
Power to the Chef!
Book a FREE in-person or online video demonstration to see how our service and software can revolutionize your restaurant’s business.
Visit our homepage to start learning more about our work, history, and how our service and software works.
Let’s talk! click here to visit our Contact page and leave us a note or give us a call – We’ll get back to you ASAP!